Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Mouthing is a Bad Thing

Attended a 'boot' camp. In my opinion I felt it was very unprofessional organized. The people involved in organizing it seem immature, insensitive and unprofessional so are some of the attendees.

Wrote 3 times to the organizer about enquiring the confirmed departure and estimated (eta) time in Singapore and if we are traveling via the second link or causeway. Reply was that they will get back to me but they failed to.

On the day of the departure check with the 'so called' organizer but was told that the bus will depart at 2pm. I was indeed very upset that I was not informed of the changes in despite of my enquiry. (This is because I have prior committed to my students and family members. ) How insensitive of the organizer.)

To me the games were horrible - if you have to play a bonding game I am sure there can be better bonding games with better tools. Rather then having to ride on the broom stick and my left foot got stomp by someone and swollen for 2 days. Idiotic game!!

Worst of all was having to place your head on the broom stick to spin 10 rounds... cant they do away with the broom stick... (inviting accidents as after sping the 10 rounds you cant possible stand straight what more about the broom stick ( the distance is further away from the ground and the fall can be vital. ) Alternatively do away with the broomstick - index finger point to the ground squad on the ground and to the turning 10 times same effect but the fall would be vital no bruise knees. (another insensitive game - talk about safety was there any safety precaution taken.

Ignorant or talking behind others in other languages ASSUME others DONT UNDERSTAND

So my preferred diet is vegetarian and so if I don’t like locate food and I don’t like spicy stuff and will not eat food that burns me going in and coming out. In my experience in culinary.. the simplest food is the most difficult food to cook. Anyway I will cover that later. I hate halal food. I said the word HATE... I don’t like to eat HALAL food. First of all it spicy.. and second.. there are chicken, mutton and beef.

1) If I have to eat beef, I eat it rare with red wine.
2) Eat Mutton only in winter as a stew.
3) Chicken - chicken flu.

Let me come back on my the bad mothering part... if I were to take sandwiches and cakes for my friends at the take what has it got to do with me "being vegetarian" can eat this spoken in a language that they think I didn’t understand. I dont care if she eats halal food or not that is none of my business I wouldn’t pass a comment. But to pass a comment in other language assuming that I dont understand is unprofessional and rude. So in all the camp is unprofessionally organized.

The sharing part is a like washing your dirty linen in public how sure are we going to know this ppl would not make a gossip topic.


On the whole I appreciate the organization that organized the boot camp. These words are not spoken as a matter as polishing the organization but it is facts. So companies I worked for such as Citibank, Airline and training organization that put in the effort into training their staff. As i mention in at the camp that all organization organizes bonding camp but the company sees us as an asset to develop us further and in this light I thank the management for the cost, time and effect in putting this together and I hope to see the Organization in the fortune 500 list.